Become a PALE ALES Member!
Homebrew clubs are a great way to meet fellow brewers; exchange techniques and knowledge; discuss styles, judging, flavors; and of course, just have fun! We feel that our club is one of the best in the region, and can offer you the previously mentioned benefits, and a lot more. Some of the benefits of being a PALE ALES member:
- Monthly meetings, which feature world-class brewers (and their beers!). Past speakers have included representatives from breweries such as Brooklyn Brewery, Rogue, Independence Brewing, Flying Fish, High Point, River Horse, and others.
- A members-only discount (5%) at Princeton Homebrew (located at 208 Sanhican Drive in Trenton, NJ 609-252-1800). In addition to featuring a great selection of supplies, owner Joe Bair is also a great source of brewing information. The 5% discount is good on just about everything in the store with exception of the Blichmann equipment.
- An outstanding annual homebrew competion.
- Workshops on brewing techniques, detecting off-flavors, and other topics
- Constructive evaluations of your homebrews by experienced homebrewers and certified judges.
- Tasting styles (for example, a rye bock), which are not readily available commercially
Of course, the most important asset of a homebrew club is its members. Our members have a wealth of experience in judging, grain and extract brewing, and brewing techniques. One of our members won a gold medal in the recent national AHA competition. Another of our members won the Sam Adams Longshot competition for their Molasses Coffee Stout. This beer also won a gold medal in the World Beer Cup as well.
Membership is only $30 per year or join as a family for $45 per year. Memberships renew on January of each year. If you are a new member, your dues paid after June will get you the remainder of the year and the next one. As you can see, you get quite a lot of value for your money. Join one of the best homebrew clubs in NJ — PALE ALES!
To join, simply come out to one of our monthly meetings and introduce yourself to one of the board members in attendance. They’ll be happy to take your dues in the form of cash or check. Whether are renewing or joining for the first time, please use the PayPal form below.Share This: